From time to time users may need to reset their phone back to the factory settings. Whether your having an issue with your devices operation, installing a memory card or selling your phone, you’ll want to completely erase all of the data on the phone and return it to a factory state. The process is easy and only a few simple steps, so I figured I’d share them in a brief post.
(Note: After resetting your phone, all of your personal data, apps and settings will be erased)
- From the Windows Phone home screen, swipe to the left to access the apps menu.
- Swipe down until you get to the Settings option.
- Once in Settings, tap About.
- At the bottom of the screen tap Reset Your Phone.
- Tap Yes to confirm and rest the device.
Hopefully this helps. I recently had to reset an HTC Surround Windows Phone in order to change over to a Samsung Focus and then once again on the Focus to install a MicroSD card, so it helps to know how to use this feature in case it is necessary.