Late last week, American Airlines (AA) launched their official app for Windows Phone. We are glad to see AA added to the growing fleet of travel apps for the Windows Phone. As we have stated in previous posts, the travel portion of Marketplace would benefit greatly from more apps. The AA app is smooth and provides a full range of features, from booking a flight, to accessing your mobile boarding pass. Here is the Marketplace description:
Introducing the travel app that understands who you are and where you’re going. From where you’re departing and from what gate. Where you’ll sit and even where you are on the standby list. Get your personalized America Airlines travel information by downloading the app that’s perfect for flying through airports.
- Enter Your Log In & Password Only Once — Saving your info allows the app to push your upcoming flight details to your home screen, automatically
- View Personal Flight Details– Get your gate, seat and flight status info at a glance
- Access Your Mobile Boarding Pass– The app saves it for you, so it’s always easy to find
- Book Flights
- Check In For Flights
- Create Flight Status Notifications
Plus, access a variety of other tools to help you manage, plan and further enjoy each trip you take on American Airlines:
- Set a Parking Reminder
- Monitor Your Place on The Standby List
- View Terminal Maps
- Access your AAdvantage® account*
- Track Your Elite Status Progress
- Enroll in the AAdvantage® program
- Access Contact Information
- Use GPS to Locate the Nearest American Serviced Airport
We are steadily developing our plans for future functionality to be included in our American Airlines app. Please send us your feedback. We are listening.
The free American Airlines app can be found in the Marketplace by searching “American Airlines” on the Zune PC software or on your Windows Phone.
Contributed by Roy Oberto