Users can now manage their contacts and their business from their Windows Phone with WorldCard. The app simply allows users to scan a business card with their camera on their device and the app will take the appropriate contact information it scans and add that as a contact into their Windows Phone. Here’s the description:
WorldCard Mobile, the leading business card & contact management application for Windows Phone7, uses OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology to instantly transfer information from business cards to your phone. With a simple click of the camera, you no longer have to manually input contact info from business cards. WorldCard Mobile will extract and file your contact info, with which you use to communicate with your contact by phone calls, email, texts or looking up for other info all in the application. It’s valuable productivity booster in your business.
* Superior text recognition, very accurate and improving with each release
* Support business cards in five languages: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish; with more to come
* Auto entry of your contact info into your phone
* Make phone calls, emailing, texting, looking up location on maps, visiting websites
* Manage contacts with groups and in alphabetical order
* Keyword search (full name, company name, email)
* Browse business card images
* Social networks
WorldCard is a cool little app for regular users as well as business professionals. You can check out the app for $9.99 with a free trial by searching for “WorldCard” in the Zune PC software or on your Windows phone or you can scan the TAG code to the right using your Windows Phone to be taking directly to the app page.